- Walnut Halves - 29.74%
- Sugar - 19.74%
- Heavy Cream - 15.59%
- Water - 15.00%
- Butter - 13.03%
- Honey - 6.91%
Applications: Bakery, Confections
- Cook the sugar and water at 293°F until it reaches the hard crack stage
- Add the honey, butter and heavy cream one by one to the carmel mixture
- Put the entire blend back on the stove until it reaches 257° to 266°F and thickens slightly
- Pour final mixture onto walnut halves and stir until well coated
- Store refrigerated in closed container
- Gently reheat in a microwave or stove top to bring it back to a flowable state
- Fill tart shells with warm viscous product Manufacturer can use their own tart shell for this application.
- Walnut mixture can be manufactured and shipped to food service operations as a tart filling.