- *Unbleached and unbromated Wheat Flour 25.27%
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese 20.16%
- Chilled butter cubes 16.80%
- Chopped California walnuts (Size #7, 8, 9) 16.80%
- Cream cheese 13.44%
- Egg yolks 6.72%
- Ground pepper 0.81%
- Totals (Calculated) 100.00%
- Cut chunks of butter into the flour until it resembles small, mealy-like pieces.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Put the dough in a sheet pan with a 1-inch height thickness.
- Let the dough rest in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Cut the dough into 5-inch long strips.
- Cut the individual strips into 1/12 inch thick slices.
- Put the slices on a sheet pan with parchment paper and use an egg wash on the top.
- Bake at 400°F in a convection oven until the edges are golden brown.
- Retail product can be packaged as a raw and frozen item that the consumer can cut and bake at home.