Arugula-Walnut Pesto is a fresh and delicious alternative to more traditional basil pestos.
- 3/4 cup California walnuts, toasted
- 1 bunch arugula, washed, with stems removed (2 ounces of clean stemmed leaves)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (about 3 cloves) chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- *Try with Chef Alvin's Farfalle with Applewood Smoked Chicken and Arugula-Walnut Pesto
- In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, combine all of the ingredients and process for 1 to 2 minutes, stopping once or twice to scrape down the sides of the bowl, until the pesto is smooth.