Walnut stuffed dates are perfect with a glass of wine on a summer’s eve or in front of a roaring fire in the dead of winter, these tasty little morsels have a hidden kick and are quick to make.
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- Pinch red chili flakes
- 12 walnut halves, toasted
- 4 slices lean bacon, cut crosswise into three equal pieces
- Preheat broiler. Line a plate with paper towels; set aside.
- Carefully make a lengthwise slit in each date, open gently and sprinkle with chili flakes; fill with a walnut half and reform the date around the walnut. Wrap the bacon around the date and secure with a toothpick. Arrange on a baking sheet.
- Broil, turning until crispy, about 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer paper towels and pat dry. Serve immediately.