Perfect snack for hiking, biking or after school!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups California walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup freeze-dried bananas or banana chips
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bring brown sugar, water, butter, honey and extract to a boil in a large saucepan. Let boil for a few minutes, then stir in oats, walnuts, and extract.
- Spread on prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Stir and bake for 10 more minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool completely, then stir in fruits and chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container.