This salad with crunchy walnuts is for real blue cheese lovers. Pair with a grilled steak and boiled baby red skin potatoes for a classic steak house meal.
- 1/4 cup Roquefort cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Pinch black pepper
- 4 heads Belgian endive
- 1/4 cup cranberries, dried
- 1/2 cup California walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Roquefort dressing, prepared*
- Melt Roquefort cheese in the oven or in a pan on top of the stove, being very careful not to scorch. Let cool.
- In a bowl, combine the melted cheese, mayonnaise, buttermilk, juice of two limes, Worcestershire Sauce, cayenne, red wine vinegar, and black pepper; mix well until all ingredients are combined. If desired, add an additional 2 ounces of Roquefort cheese for an even more intense flavor.
- Trim the base of the endive using a diagonal cut, then separate the leaves.
- Toss the cranberries, nuts and Roquefort together in a bowl, being careful not to break up the Roquefort too much.
- Spoon the mixture into the endive leaves and garnish with the watercress. For advance preparation: Fill the Belgian endive leaves up to three hours before, cover and chill. Garnish just before serving. Drizzle with Roquefort Salad Dressing, as desired.