Light and refreshing, this salad is perfect for spring and summer meals complete with a nice crunch thanks to the addition of walnuts.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup California walnuts, chopped
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut in bite-size pieces
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 4 ounces each), grilled or sautéed until cooked through
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and spread walnuts in one layer on baking sheet. Bake until just toasted and aromatic, about 8 minutes; remove and let cool.
- To prepare vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, honey, salt and pepper.
- For the salad, in a medium bowl, combine watermelon, blueberries, walnuts and bell pepper; add half of the vinaigrette; toss to coat. In a large bowl, toss greens with remaining vinaigrette. Divide greens among 4 plates; top with fruit and walnut mixture. Slice each chicken breast diagonally and serve with the salad.