These sweet candied walnuts are a great snack or appetizer. They also make a sophisticated addition to desserts and salads.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 pound walnut halves
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 fluid ounces orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a bowl, toss 1 cup of sugar with remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture on to a cookie sheet, spread evenly, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining 1 cup of sugar over the top and mix. Allow walnuts to cool before serving.