This is a quick and easy side dish with crunchy walnuts and a zesty citrus and olive oil dressing.
- 10 oz. extra-wide curly "no yolk" noodles
- 2 lbs. broccoli, steamed (florets and peeled stems, cut into 1/2-inch slices)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped California walnuts
- Juice of one lemon
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- Grated zest of one lemon
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Cook noodles al dente, about 5 minutes.
- Steam broccoli until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat and add walnuts. Sauté for about 1 minute.
- Combine noodles and broccoli. Add walnut-oil mixture and toss well. Add citrus juices, zest, and pepper and toss well again.
(Optional: Add 1/2 cup diced smoked turkey, low-fat chicken sausage, or seasoned tofu).