Perfect for an appetizer, this creamy cheese pairs beautifully with this earthy and nutty version of the favorite Spanish sauce.
- 2 bunches broccolini (or asparagus)
- 8 ounces burrata cheese
- 1/4 cup California walnuts, toasted, chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes, roasted at 450° F for 5 minutes, until split
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup California walnuts, toasted (see Toasted Walnuts recipe)
- 2 red peppers, roasted (see cooking video)
- 4 cherry tomatoes, roasted in the oven (see above directions)
- 3 cloves garlic, drizzled with olive oil and roasted in the oven at 400° F for 20 minutes
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 2 ounces sherry vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the broccolini in a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Then place onto a sheet tray and roast in a 400° F oven for approximately 5-7 minutes. Remove, and allow to cool.
- Roast the red peppers over an open flame or grill, until skin is completely charred. Then place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap for 5 minutes.
- Once cooled, peel off all of the charred skin. Remove the seeds and place the peppers into the food processor or blender with the roasted tomatoes, roasted garlic, toasted walnuts, olive oil and sherry. Blend until almost smooth.
- Set the broccolini onto a plate, top with burratta, toasted walnuts, roasted cherry tomatoes, and dollops of romesco. Finish the dish off with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. Garnish with remaining roasted tomatoes.