You'll love this easy stuffing recipe with a delicious combination of crunchy walnuts, apples and savory fresh herbs.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 12 cups cubed bread
- 2 tart apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups California walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup sage
- 1/2 cup rosemary
- 1/2 cup thyme
- 3/4 to 1-1/2 cups chicken stock
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onions and celery; cook 5 minutes or until soft.
- In large bowl, mix bread, onion mixture, apples and walnuts. Add parsley, sage rosemary and thyme. Mix in enough chicken stock to moisten bread. Season with salt and pepper.
- Loosely fill turkey or chicken cavity and follow cooking instructions for the weight of the bird; or make single servings by baking at 375°F in small well buttered oven-proof ramekins for 25 minutes or until heated through and brown on top.