Simple walnut breakfast cookie that is excellent for on-the-go breakfasts or snack, and are ideal for freezing.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 can (14 oz.) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup instant skim milk powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-3/4 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup California Walnuts, coarsely chopped
- In large mixing bowl, with electric mixer, cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy; beat in the vanilla. Next, stir in the crushed pineapple.
- In separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients until well combined. Add the dry ingredients into the pineapple mixture and stir until well combined.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet. Bake in 350°F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking rack.