Walnuts and cranberries are a wonderful holiday flavor pairing. Give this wholesome cookie mix gift jar as a fun (and delicious) gift this season.
Dry ingredients (layer into a glass jar):
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup instant skim milk powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup California walnuts, coarsely chopped
In a glass jar, layer the dry ingredients in the order they are listed. On a gift tag or card, list the additional ingredients and the following instructions:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can (14 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 jar of “cookie mix”
- In large mixing bowl, with electric mixer, cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy; beat in the vanilla. Next, stir in the crushed pineapple.
- In separate bowl, mix together the contents of the “cookie mix” from the jar until well combined. Add the dry ingredients into the pineapple mixture and stir until well combined.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet. Bake in 350°F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking rack.