This crunchy, sweet walnut granola makes for a great breakfast, topping for yogurt or easy snack. Add dried blueberries to boost color and antioxidants.
- 4 cups quick cooking (not instant) rolled oats
- 2 cups natural wheat bran
- 1 1/2 cups chopped California walnuts
- 1/2 cup liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups raisins (or dried cranberries, chopped dried apples, apricots or other mixed dried fruit)
- Fresh fruit for garnish, as desired
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- In a large bowl, stir together rolled oats, bran and walnuts.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, combine honey and vanilla; microwave on high for about 20 seconds or more until runny. Stir to mix; pour over dry ingredients and toss to coat well.
- Spread granola evenly in a large shallow baking pan and bake in 300°F oven for about 30 minutes, or until golden, stirring two or three times.
- Cool completely; granola will crisp as it cools.
- Stir in raisins or other dried fruit; store in airtight container.