These chewy, walnut rich squares are perfect for the holiday season. For a variation of the same recipe, top them with 1 cup each of chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 can milk, sweetened, condensed
- 3 cups California walnuts, chopped, divided
- 2 cups candied fruit, chopped
- In bowl, stir graham cracker crumbs, condensed milk and half of the walnuts. Pat in the bottom of a greased 8-inch square baking dish. Top with remaining walnuts and candied fruit.
- Bake in a 350° F oven until walnuts are golden and base is set, about 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool completely and cut into squares.