This easy chocolate truffle recipe is a real crowd pleaser. Each truffle is coated with crisp, crunchy nuts and lightly dusted with cocoa. These decadent treats make a delightful gift any time of the year.
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate (6 squares)
- 2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoon rum
- 1 cup coarsely chopped California walnuts, divided
- Icing sugar/Cocoa powder
- In small bowl, cream together sugar and butter; set aside. In top of double boiler, combine chocolate and coffee. Cook and stir over hot, not boiling water, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat. Add slowly to butter mixture; stir in rum and 1/2 cup of the walnuts. Chill until slightly firm. Shape into small balls; roll in remaining walnuts and dust with icing sugar or cocoa powder.
- Place truffles in candy cups and store in covered container in refrigerator until just before serving. Truffles can be refrigerated for up to one week or frozen for up to three months.