This recipe creates a rich, flavorful dough that’s easy to work with.The thinner you roll it, the crispier your pizza will be!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 package (1/4 oz.) quick-rise yeast
- 1 ½ teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ cup California walnuts
- ¾ cup warm water
- Combine flours, yeast, sugar, salt and walnuts in food processor. Whirl until walnuts are finely chopped. With motor running, gradually add 3/4 cup warm tap water. Process until dough forms a ball and comes away from sides of processor. Dough should be soft and moist. Let rest 15 minutes.
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat. Divide dough in half. With lightly oiled hands, pat and stretch dough into two 9 to10-inch circles. Coat one side of dough generously with oil; place oiled side down onto grill. Close grill lid and grill 3-4 minutes until top is puffed and bottom is well-browned. Remove and place grilled side up on a baking sheet.
- Top with desired toppings, return to grill, cover and cook 5-6 minutes until bottom side is well-browned and cheeses are melted.