A delicious twist to a traditional holiday dish, this succulent caramel-glazed ham is sure to become a family favorite. Hints of ginger, crunchy walnuts and aromatic apple make this recipe a magnificent centerpiece for Easter dinner.
- 1 10-pound spiral ham
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup apple cider, mulled
- 1/3 cup ginger snaps, crushed
- 3/4 cup California walnut pieces, toasted
- Toasting walnuts: In large, dry skillet over medium-high heat, toast walnuts, stirring occasionally, until lightly brown, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cook spiral ham as per instructions found on the label (or for 13 to 15 minutes per pound in a 375° F).
- Ten minutes prior to serving ham, place a sauce pan over high heat and combine brown sugar and apple cider. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer until it forms into a thick syrup, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and add ginger snaps and walnuts to syrup.
- Remove ham from oven and place on platter; pour syrup over ham, slice and serve.