This recipe is a delicious appetizer, but can also be a side accompanying a Turkish meal.
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely grated
- 1 pint Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Line a strainer or small colander with cheesecloth and pour the yogurt into it – cover with plastic wrap, place in a bowl and allow to drain refrigerated for 24 hours. Discard the drained liquid and transfer the thickened yogurt to a mixing bowl.
- Finely mince the lemon zest and add it with the grated carrot, garlic and lemon juice to the yogurt – mix well. Season the tzatziki to taste with salt & pepper. Serve with pita chips, bread or vegetable crudités.