This recipe with toasted walnuts is a great way to enliven cauliflower. This well balanced dish of cauliflower, spices and walnuts can served hot or cold!
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- One head cauliflower cut in small florets
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ cups vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ cup chopped toasted California walnuts
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over moderate heat and add the cauliflower. Stir frequently until lightly browned and tender, 15 – 20 minutes. If the cauliflower is not tender when pierced, cover the pan the last 5 minutes of cooking. With a slotted spoon, remove the cauliflower from the pan and set aside.
- Return the pan to heat and add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil Add the garam masala, cumin, chili powder, turmeric and cayenne and stir for 30 seconds. Add the vegetable stock and tomato paste and stir to blend. Return the cauliflower to the pan, and stir for 2 – 3 minutes, to heat through. Add the walnuts, mix well and serve.