Try these quick and easy rolls that start with store bought bread dough then roll walnuts and cheese right in! They are perfect as a side dish for brunch, lunch or dinner.
- 1 pound loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2/3 cup chopped California walnuts, divided
- 1 cup (about 3 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On lightly floured surface pat or roll dough into a 12x8-inch rectangle. Sprinkle half the walnuts and cheese on dough. Starting at long edge, roll dough into a cylinder. With a sharp knife cut into 12 equal slices.
- Lightly coat a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray. Arrange dough slices evenly in pan. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts and cheese. Let stand at room temperature to rise, about 30 minutes, or cover and refrigerate overnight until ready to bake.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until deep golden brown (35-40 minutes if refrigerated). Serve warm.