"Some people think traditions need to be ornate and formal, like holiday dinners. This combination of fruit, walnuts, and curry gives an ordinary chicken salad a new twist."
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1-8 oz. can pineapple tidbits
- 2 cups halved seedless grapes
- 1-8 oz. can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 1/2 cups chopped California walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- To make the salad, put the chicken, coconut, pineapple, grapes and water chestnuts in a large bowl. Toss to mix well.
- To make the dressing, mix the mayonnaise, curry powder, lemon juice and soy sauce in a small bowl. Stir until well blended.
- Just before serving, stir the dressing into the salad and blend evenly. Add the walnuts, mix again and serve.