A recipe with 48% less sodium than its traditional counterpart.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup low-fat Greek-style yogurt
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the flour and cook, whisking, until a light straw color.
- Add the stock all at once and whisk until smooth. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat, add the yogurt, and whisk until smooth. Season to taste with salt and white pepper. Serve immediately. This gravy pairs nicely with Walnut-Coated Smart "Fried" Chicken.