A recipe with 48% less sodium than its traditional counterpart.
- 3 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 3 tablespoons flour, all-purpose
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock, low-sodium
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup yogurt, low-fat, Greek-style
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the flour and cook, whisking, until a light straw color.
- Add the stock all at once and whisk until smooth. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat, add the yogurt, and whisk until smooth. Season to taste with salt and white pepper. Serve immediately. This gravy pairs nicely with Walnut-Coated Smart "Fried" Chicken.