Here's a crunchy, tasty, and easy recipe that just might get you and your family eating more vegetables!
- 1 carrot, large, minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 cucumber, small, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, very sweet (red, yellow, or orange), minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 3 cup cilantro, minced
- 8 snow peas, trimmed, cut into thin strips
- 1 chicken breast, cooked, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar, seasoned
- 2 teaspoons Chinese sesame oil
- 1 cup California walnuts, lightly toasted, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 leaves butter (Boston) lettuce, cleaned, dried, chilled
- Combine the vegetables and chicken in a medium bowl.
- Combine the chili paste, vinegar, and sesame oil, then pour this into the other ingredients, and toss to coat, adding the walnuts as you go. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture among the lettuce leaves, and serve cold.