Here's a crunchy, tasty - and easy recipe that just might get you and your family eating more vegetables!
- 1 large carrot, minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 very sweet bell pepper, minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 3 cup minced cilantro
- 8 snow peas, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 1 cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Chinese sesame oil
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, lightly toasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 leaves butter (Boston) lettuce—cleaned, dried, and chilled
- Combine the vegetables and chicken in a medium bowl.
- Combine the chili paste, vinegar, and sesame oil, then pour this into the other ingredients, and toss to coat, adding the walnuts as you go. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture among the lettuce leaves, and serve cold.