Get your family out of a salad rut with a walnut topped, nutrient-rich salad that uses vitamin A-rich chicory as the leafy green.
- 1/2 cup California walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1/2 pound chicory, or other dark leafy green
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shaved
- In a dry skillet, toast the nuts over a medium high heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, mustard, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicory with the dressing. Top with walnuts and shaved Parmesan and serve.