This light and flavorful egg dish with walnuts and chiles is great for a casual brunch. Because it uses egg substitute and light cheese, it contains very little cholesterol.
- 1 1/4 cups egg substitute
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped California walnuts, toasted if desired
- 1/4 cup diced mild green chiles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit Coat 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour egg substitute into large bowl. Sift combined flour and baking powder over egg. Beat until completely blended. Beat in cottage and cheddar cheese, walnuts and chiles.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven about 35 minutes until puffy and set, and knife inserted slightly off-center comes out clean.