Really delicious! Use it anywhere you would normally use a store-bought sweetened hazelnut chocolate spread, such as on toasted whole grain bread, or on an apple slice (or, just eat it plain!).
- 2 cups California walnut halves, lightly toasted
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (can be a tad more), semisweet
- Scant 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2-1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- A touch of heavy cream, stirred in just before using
- Combine everything in a food processor and whip until very smooth (or slightly textured, if you prefer).
- Transfer to a container with a lid, store at room temperature in a dark place.
- Use as desired, and if you like, stir in a few drops of cream just before serving, for added richness and best spreadability.