Don't feel guilty about indulging in these bite size brownies with crunchy walnuts because the applesauce keeps them moist without the added fat.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 ounces chocolate, bittersweet, chopped
- 1/3 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam, seedless
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 cup California walnuts, chopped
- In glass bowl, melt butter and chocolate in microwave, stirring once, until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Stir in applesauce, jam and sugar until well blended.
- Lightly beat egg with egg white and vanilla. Stir into chocolate mixture. Gently stir in flour and walnuts.
- Use light cooking spray to grease mini muffin pan. Spoon batter into pan, filling to top. Bake in 350°F oven until tester comes out clean, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cool in pan 5 minutes; transfer to rack and cool completely. Repeat with remaining batter.