This walnut and chocolate cookie recipe from Emily Luchetti will satisfy any chocolate-lover's cravings. Bake up a batch and then sit back, relax and enjoy!
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 30 California walnut halves
- Melt chocolate and butter together in a double boiler. Whisk until smooth.
- Mix together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In an electric mixer, whisk together the eggs and sugar for 2 minutes. Reduce to low speed and stir in the melted chocolate, coffee and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients. Refrigerate the dough until firm, about an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Scoop or form the cookies into balls, each about 1 tablespoon.
- Put the confectioners (or powdered) sugar in a bowl and roll each of the balls in the sugar. Place on parchment lined baking sheets several inches apart. Bake for 13-15 minutes until crackled on top. Remove from the oven and gently press a walnut half in the middle of each warm cookie.
- Once cool, store in an airtight container.