Nutrient-rich granola with crunchy walnuts, and chewy fruit perfect for snacking or breakfast.
This recipe was created by the Culinary Institute of America for the Flavor, Quality & American Menus Conference, September 2005
- 24 oz. old-fashioned oats
- 4 oz. bran flakes
- 7 oz. all-purpose flour
- 8 oz. brown sugar
- 9 1/2 oz. coconut
- 10 oz. sesame seeds
- 1 lb. California walnuts
- 8 oz. raisins
- 1/2 oz. salt
- 10 oz. canola oil
- 14 oz. honey
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add the oil and honey and mix well.
- Spread on a sheet pan and bake in a 250°F oven stirring every 15 minutes. This could take up to 2 hours. The walnuts should be toasted and golden.
- Cool and store in a sealed container.