A crunchy walnut crust rounds out the delightful flavors of lemon and dill for a simply elegant salmon meal you can whip up anytime.
- 3 cups walnuts
- 6 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 6 tablespoons lemon rind, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 12 3-oz salmon fillets, skin on
- Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Place walnuts in food processor; coarsely chop. Add bread crumbs, lemon rind, olive oil and dill; pulse until crumbly. Mixture should stick together. Season; set aside.
- Arrange salmon fillets skin side down on parchment paper lined baking sheets. Brush tops with mustard.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of walnut crumb mixture over each fillet; gently press the crumb mixture into the surface of the fish. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- Bake at 350°F 15 to 20 minutes, or until salmon flakes with a fork. Just before serving, sprinkle each with 1 tsp lemon juice.