Sometimes great cheer comes from small statements. If you keep walnut butter on hand, these easy little stacks will be a savory lunchbox option on short notice. It's nice to give the kids (or yourself) a non-sweet snack once in awhile.
- 2 Persian cucumbers, tight, sweet, or pickling cucumbers (peeled only if the skin is bitter)
- 1 batch California Walnut Butter (recipe follows)
- A handful or two of pretzels, 1-inch
- Slice the cucumbers into rounds ¼ inch-thick.
- Add small dabs of Walnut Butter.
- Gently press a pretzel on top of each.
- Pack into a small, shallow container with a tight-fitting top, and off you go.