Walnuts in the dough and walnuts as a topping give this pizza a double dose of heart-healthy walnuts. The Walnut Gremolata adds intense flavor. For a milder version, try using Walnut Pesto instead.
- 1 recipe California Walnut Pizza Dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces soft goat cheese, divided
- 1 recipe (1/2 cup) Walnut Gremolata
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup California walnut halves
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Prepare dough according to recipe, and allow it to rest 15 minutes.
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat. Divide dough in half. With lightly oiled hands, pat and stretch dough into two 10-inch circles. Coat one side of each piece of dough generously with oil; place oiled side down onto grill. Close grill lid and grill 3-4 minutes until top is puffed and bottom is well-browned. Remove and place grilled side up on a baking sheet.
- Combine 4 ounces of the goat cheese with walnut gremolata, using a wooden spoon to blend together. Divide mixture between the two pizzas, spreading a thin layer on grilled sides of dough.
- Lay zucchini on work surface. Draw a vegetable peeler down the length of the zucchini to make long wide strips. Lightly drape and fold the strips on top of the goat cheese spread on each pizza. Crumble remaining goat cheese and arrange walnut halves over zucchini. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Return to grill, cover and cook 5-6 minutes until bottom side is well-browned and cheeses are melted.