Cheese and crackers. Chips and salsa. Veggies and dip. How about trying something new? This quick, elegant appetizer is the perfect way to start any healthy meal.
- 8 dried figs
- ¼ cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 16 walnut halves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Toast the walnuts in a dry skillet over a medium-high heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Cut each fig in half crosswise, and place the fig pieces on a serving dish cut side up.
- Make a small indentation into the cut side of each fig half with a small spoon or your finger. Put a ½ teaspoon of the ricotta cheese onto each piece of fig and top with a walnut half.
- Drizzle each fig with honey and serve.