Make this recipe ahead of time and enjoy the tasty granola as a breakfast parfait or an afternoon snack. The toasted walnuts, whole grains and dried fruit make this a filling choice.
- 4 cups oats, rolled, quick cooking (not instant)
- 2 cups natural wheat bran
- 1 1/2 cups California walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups raisins (or dried cranberries, chopped dried apples, apricots, or other mixed dried fruit)
- In a large bowl, stir together oatmeal, bran, walnuts and sesame seeds.
- In small microwaveable bowl, combine honey, and vanilla; microwave on high for about 20 seconds or until runny. Stir to mix; pour over dry ingredients and toss to coat well.
- Spread evenly in large, shallow baking pan and bake at 300°F for about 30 minutes, or until golden, stirring two or three times. Cool completely. It will crisp as it cools. Stir in raisins and store in airtight container.