Easy recipe for toasted bread crisps topped with crunchy walnuts and parmesan cheese. Pair with a green salad and your favorite pasta dish, like Pumpkin Walnut Ravioli or Easy Walnut Fettuccine Alfredo.
- 1/2 cup chopped California walnuts
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 loaf French bread (1 pound loaf, cut into 12 slices)
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Place walnuts, Parmesan, olive oil or butter and garlic powder in a medium bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon until completely combined.
- Slice bread into 3/4-inch thick slices. Place bread slices on baking sheet.
- Spread about 2-3 teaspoons walnut-parmesan mixture on bread slices.
- Put in oven and bake about 5 minutes. Watch carefully, checking after the first 4 minutes. Remove from oven when walnut topping is bubbly and lightly browned.
- TIPS: For easy clean-up, bake toasts on aluminum foil lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate any leftover walnut-parmesan mix. Use for Walnut Pasta Toss (see recipe below).
- Walnut Pasta Toss: Cook favorite pasta in boiling water according to package directions. Two minutes before the pasta is done, add 1/2 cup frozen peas (or other favorite vegetable) for each serving. Drain. Stir 1-2 tablespoons of walnut-parmesan mix into hot pasta.