These leafy green specialties serve as a sophisticated appetizer when topped with California walnuts. Opt for a creamy white bean spread that's high in flavor and low in saturated fat – a great way to start a special evening.
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1/4 cups basil leaves, fresh, torn
- 30 Belgian endive leaves
- 1/4 cup California walnuts, toasted, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- Puree beans, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add basil and pulse on and off until basil is finely chopped. (May be made a couple days ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve.)
- Spoon equal amounts into endive leaves and top with walnuts and bell pepper.