Simple and delicious baked treat with walnuts, coconut, chocolate and cherries all baked together a wonderful mix of flavors!
- 1 cup chopped California walnuts
- 2/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup ground California walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In bowl, stir together walnuts, coconut, chocolate chips and cherries; set aside.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour, ground walnuts, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; set aside. In another bowl, beat butter and sugar with hand mixer on high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix until combined. Add in flour mixture and beat on low speed until combined. Stir in 1 cup of the walnut mixture. Divide batter among 12 paper-lined muffin cups.
- Sprinkle remaining walnut mixture over top. Bake in center of preheated oven until cake tester comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack.