Seasoned strips of flaky tilapia provide a tasty alternative to traditional tacos. Topped with a light, crunchy walnut slaw with sweet mango, these make the perfect meal any day of the week.
For the Walnut Slaw:
- 1-1/2 cups savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1 mango flesh, cut in strips
- 1 avocado, cut into 16 equal slices
- 3/4 cup California Walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup sweet gherkins
- 3 tbsp plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
For the Fish:
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 small flour or corn tortillas
- In a medium bowl, combine all walnut slaw ingredients. Mix well and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Slice tilapia fillets into 1-inch pieces and season with salt and pepper. In a heavy bottomed nonstick pan on medium-high, add oil and pan fry tilapia pieces until cooked and flaky, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Divide equally between the tortillas and top evenly with walnut slaw.
*Tip: Walnut slaw can be made a day ahead and kept refrigerated. May use haddock or catfish instead of tilapia.