Seasoned strips of flaky tilapia provide a tasty alternative to traditional tacos. Topped with a light, crunchy walnut slaw with sweet mango, these make the perfect meal any day of the week.
- 1 1/2 cups savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and cut in strips
- 1 avocado, cut into 16 equal slices
- 3/4 cup California walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup sweet gherkins
- 3 tablespoons yogurt, plain
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 flour or corn tortillas, small
- In a medium bowl, combine all walnut slaw ingredients. Mix well and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Slice tilapia fillets into 1-inch pieces and season with salt and pepper. In a heavy bottomed nonstick pan on medium-high heat, add oil and pan-fry tilapia pieces until cooked and flaky, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Divide equally between the tortillas and top evenly with walnut slaw.
Tips: Walnut slaw can be made a day ahead and kept refrigerated. May use haddock or catfish instead of tilapia.