This decadent dessert is a real crowd pleaser that combines bananas, toffee chips, walnuts and vanilla ice cream. Serve it at your next family celebration. Birthday pie, anyone?
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3)
- 1 cup California walnuts chopped, toasted
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 1 frozen prepared pie shell, baked
- 1 cup 35% whipping cream
- 1 banana
- 12 California walnut halves, toasted
- In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon, quickly stir together ice cream, mashed bananas, California Walnuts and toffee bits until smooth. Spread evenly into baked pie crust and freeze immediately until solid, about 4 hours and up to 2 days.
- In a bowl, whip cream until it is light and fluffy.
- Cut banana into 12 slices.
- Spread whipped cream evenly over frozen pie.
- Top with walnut halves and banana slices.