This simple fruit salad recipe is spruced up with the addition of California walnuts. Great for breakfast, lunch, snack time or as a light dessert option!
- 3 apples (about 1 pound)*, crisp
- 2 cups (1 20-ounce can) pineapple chunks, canned, drained
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt, low-fat
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup California walnuts, chopped
*Note: Use any crisp eating apple such as Granny Smith, Red Delicious or Golden Delicious, all one kind or a combination. Once sliced, Golden Delicious will keep without discoloring--especially useful if you are making the salad ahead of time.
- Halve and core apples, then cut in 1/2-inch cubes. Place apple cubes in large bowl.
- Add pineapple chunks, yogurt, raisins and walnuts. Toss until ingredients are evenly combined and coated with yogurt. Cover and chill until serving.