Combine the power of quinoa with the wonder of walnuts and the creamy taste of curry for a nutrient-packed lunch.
- 1/3 cup yogurt, plain, low-fat
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 mangoes, ripe, chopped
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mint, fresh, chopped
- 1 cup California walnuts, toasted, roughly chopped
- In medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, lime juice, ginger, curry, salt, pepper and oil. Set aside.
- Add quinoa to a large saucepan of boiling salted water. Cook 10 minutes. Pour quinoa into a fine strainer, reserving cooking liquid. Return cooking liquid to pan and place quinoa, in strainer, over cooking liquid. Cover with lid or foil and continue to steam about 10 minutes more of until quinoa is tender. Let cool.
- In bowl, combine quinoa and dressing until well combined.
- Gently stir in mango, red pepper, green onion, chili, mint and walnuts.