Drizzle with sweet honey and add in the crunch of toasted walnuts and you have the perfect dessert!
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 ½ teaspoons unflavored gelatin, 1 package
- 1 cup whole milk or heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup walnut halves
- 1/2 cup honey
- Place the water in a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over the water. Set aside until the gelatin has softened, 5 minutes. Place the cream, sugar and vanilla bean and seeds in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in the gelatin.
- Remove the vanilla bean from the warm cream mixture. Gradually whisk the warm cream into the yogurt and stir together gently. Pour the mixture into eight 1/2-cup ramekins and refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours.
- In the meantime, preheat an oven to 375°F. Place the walnut halves on a baking sheet and toast until fragrant and lightly golden, about 7 minutes. Let cool. Place the walnuts, honey and 1 to 2 tablespoons water in a saucepan over medium heat and warm slightly, 1 minute. Let cool completely.
- Just before serving, run a small knife around the edges of the ramekins. Dip the panna cotta molds in boiling water for 1 second just until loosened. Invert a dessert plate on each ramekin and turn each panna cotta onto the plate. You may have to tap and shake the ramekins or use a small knife to loosen the panna cottas.
- Drizzle with some of the honey and toasted walnuts and serve.