- 1 sourdough or sweet baguette
- 4 ounces herbed goat cheese
- 1/2 cup walnuts, lightly toasted and chopped
- 3 or 4 perfectly ripe nectarines
- 2 to 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar glaze
- watercress leaves, for garnish
- Balsamic Vinegar Glaze
- One ingredient + one step = simple!
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- Heat a barbeque or grill to medium-high heat. Cut the baguette crosswise into six equal lengths, then slice each section in half lengthwise. Arrange the bread, cut side down on the grill; grill until golden and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Halve and pit the nectarines; arrange cut side down; grill until marked and warmed through, about 4 minutes. Slice.
- Spread each grilled surface with goat cheese, then sprinkle with walnuts, pressing them into the cheese. Decorate the top of each open-face sandwich some of the grilled nectarines and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar glaze. Garnish with watercress adding a little more of the balsamic glaze if desired and serve right away.
Balsamic Vinegar Glaze
- In a small saucepan bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil over medium-high heat
- Cook stirring until reduced to 3 to 4 tablespoons.