Simple spiced walnuts recipe perfect for snacking, that can be made in minutes.
- 4 cups walnut halves
- 1 large egg white
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder, or to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne or to taste
- Preheat oven to 325? F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk the egg whites until foamy; add the honey and whisk again to combine. Add walnuts, tossing well.
- In another medium bowl combine the paprika, cumin, chili powder, salt and optional cayenne; stir to combine. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the nuts, stirring and tossing well to coat evenly.
- Spread the coated nuts in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, separating the walnuts as much as possible with a fork. Bake for 15 minutes. Stir and return to the oven until the coating is dry, another 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.