A simple and nutritious lunch recipe that wraps up hummus, veggies and toasted California walnuts for an energy-packed meal. Use these ingredients as a base and customize with your family's favorite veggies!
- 1 (8-inch) tortilla, wheat or whole grain
- 1/4 cup California walnut hummus or (pre-packaged hummus)
- 1/4 cup lettuce, sliced, or baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons California walnuts, chopped, toasted
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, chopped, roasted
- 2 tablespoons carrot, coarsely shredded
- 8 cucumbers slices, peeled
- Place tortilla on a flat surface and spread hummus over 2/3 of the tortilla, leaving the top empty.
- Top evenly with lettuce and vegetables and roll up tightly, starting at the bottom. Wrap tightly and refrigerate until ready to eat. Makes 1 wrap.