A simple and nutritious lunch recipe that wraps up hummus, veggies and toasted California walnuts for an energy-packed meal. Use these ingredients as a base and customize with your family’s favorite veggies!
- 1 (8-inch) wheat or whole grain tortilla
- 1/4 cup California walnut hummus or (pre-packaged hummus)
- 1/4 cup sliced lettuce or baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped, toasted California walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons coarsely shredded carrot
- 8 very thin slices peeled cucumber
- Place tortilla on a flat surface and spread hummus over 2/3 of the tortilla, leaving the top empty.
- Top evenly with lettuce and vegetables and roll up tightly, starting at the bottom. Wrap tightly and refrigerate until ready to eat. Makes 1 wrap.