Curry and cumin add just the right zest for this simple spiced walnuts recipe!
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 4 cups California walnut halves and pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a large, shallow, baking pan with nonstick vegetable spray.
- In a large bowl, mix egg whites with curry powder, cumin, salt and sugar. Stir in California walnut halves and pices and coat thoroughly. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until dry and crisp.
- Cool completely before serving. Makes 4 cups.