Chef Jamie Lauren created this simple, yet chic, side dish of couscous with olives and toasted walnuts, which is a great dinner addition any time of year.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, yellow, minced
- 2 cups Israeli couscous
- 1/2 cup black olives, oil cured, sliced
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup California walnuts, chopped, toasted
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; add garlic and cook until garlic is toasted, stirring constantly. Stir in onions and cook until soft. Add couscous and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until couscous is toasted and golden brown; stir in stock.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until all of the liquid has been absorbed. Stir in olives and season with salt. Sprinkle chopped walnuts on top.