Simple frittata recipe with nutrient packed walnuts. You can vary the recipe by using different vegetables and herbs. Try zucchini and basil for an Italian version.
- 1/3 cup each yellow, red and green peppers, julienned
- 1/3 cup scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup California walnuts, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons yogurt, nonfat
- 1 tablespoon Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a medium oven-proof skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Over medium heat, sauté peppers, scallions and walnuts in skillet until vegetables are soft.
- Beat eggs, add yogurt and pour mixture over vegetables in skillet. Stir and cook over medium heat until eggs begin to set.
- Sprinkle cheese over top of frittata and bake at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until eggs are well set.
- Cut into wedges and serve.